Sunday, May 29, 2011

Anniversary Celebration

I just returned from the 14th anniversary celebration of Calvary Temple Church.  Darrell and Donnia and I were honored guests at the celebration.  We arrived at about 11:45 a.m. just in time for the lunch of roasted chicken, pastel de fideos and cucumbers.  Of course I didn’t eat the cucumbers but the other food was delicious.  Pastel de fideo is a baked noodle dish with cheese.  After dinner we started the afternoon activities which featured special guest speakers, a worship service, special singers and dancers.  Darrell was the featured speaker and he delivered a wonderful message about honor.  Unfortunately, the translator was unable to come.  I didn’t receive notice until this morning and we could not find anyone to translate at that late a date so as you can guess I was the only option once again.  I guess God is stretching me a bit.  It certainly humbles me and forces me to depend on the Holy Spirit for His help with the translating.  Despite my many errors, the Holy Spirit got His message across.  Darrell did a great job and I believe he really heard from the Holy Spirit on what to preach.  We left about 5:30 and the party was still in full swing.  We were told they would probably be at the church until after midnight.  Since the church was celebrating 14 years, they had 14 cakes.  It was a great opportunity for us to fellowship with the church and to minister the gospel.5anniversary-of-Calvart-Temp34

2

No comments:

Post a Comment