Tuesday, June 7, 2011

MMI Meeting

Yesterday we went to our MMI meeting (Medical Ministries International).  We made plans for a medical team which arrives this month.  Mariesa will be coordinating a group for MMI and I will bring students to pray for the patients and preach to them while they wait to be seen by the medical staff.  This will be an excellent opportunity for the students to get more experience sharing their personal testimonies and leading people to the Lord.

I also shared a message with the MMI staff.  They are always so receptive to what God has to teach them and it is such a pleasure to be a part of their work.  Once again I preached without a translator.  I do still make some mistakes but overall I am doing well enough that they keep telling me they understand everything.  This is simply due to the grace of God.  Thank you Lord!  I remember when I couldn’t even say “hola” correctly.

006

Lew and Mariesa with some of the MMI staff after our meeting.

Please also stand in prayer with me on something.  Deysi Caprilles from Bolivia is supposed to be here to teach a class in the Bible institute but she was unable to travel because of political unrest and roadblocks on the border between Bolivia and Peru.  Now that the elections are over, she may be able to travel.  Please pray that she can come soon without any problems.  If anyone would like to help support this trip financially, please let us know.  $100 should cover the travel expenses.

Once again thank you all so much for your support and your prayers.

In Christ’s wonderful name,

Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment